Headed to Hershey
We're on our way to JJ's hometown - Hershey, PA. He's really looking forward to taking the boys to Hershey Park - where he was a roller coaster operator in high school. They have this huge new waterpark and we'll also go to Chocolate World!

JJ's parents have planned this trip for us along with JJ's brother (Terry) and his sister (Tammy) and our families. They have reserved a house for all of us to stay in. Let's see there are four of us, four in Terry's family, six in Tammy's family and two very gracious and brave grandparents! That is 16 people in one house - wow, I hadn't counted until now.

We are at a hotel in Virginia now. We decided to drive five hours and stop for dinner and stay overnight. We ate at JJ"s favorite restaurant - Cracker Barrell. It was so yummy. We played checkers on the porch with the kids while we rocked in rocking chairs. There was a breeze tonight and I could have stayed there for hours.

But the boys were eager to get to the hotel so they could go swimming in the indoor pool. We are staying at a new Country Inn and Suites and it's very nice!! JJ found it for us on the internet. He did such a great job picking a good one. A few years ago he found us a great deal at a hotel in Savannah, GA. We got there really late and discovered it was in a not so great part of town. We barricaded the doors in the middle of the night after hearing what sounded like gun shots! It was actually a motorcycle backfiring in the alley right outside our room. Oh, I am so glad to be in this cozy and quiet room tonight!


1 Comments:

Blogger Marybeth Whalen said...

Hey, sitting here having my coffee and thinking that I need to add this blog to my list of P31 Speaker blogs... glad you have officially caught the bug... you are doing great!
Have loved the series about you and JJ. Neat how your son wants to read it. If I wrote a series about me and Curt meeting, it would be about all the things we did wrong-- and I doubt I would want my kids reading that. Be glad you have that legacy to pass along to him, and that you have kept God at the center of your relationship from the beginning. Still thinking perhaps an arrangement between him and Ashleigh would be a good thing! Ü

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits