The perfect house!
I can't even believe I am writing this. Three weeks ago I was content staying here in our house. And today I think I am still content - well I was until I found out our dream home has an open house tomorrow and it may be discovered by someone who can buy it before we can.

Three weeks ago while I was driving home from radio recording I felt lead to look at the a tiny neighborhood just next to ours that had been started a year ago but never finished. I knew there were four model homes in there but that the builder had pulled out. Not an attractive option. Plus it's zoned for another school district so another reason it was not an option...at least not in our options. There had never been any for sale signs up so I wasn't sure why I was driving back there.

I pulled up in front of this beautiful home with stone on the front archway. We've always wanted stone on our house, I just sat there with my mouth opened. The significance of the stone is based on one of my husband's key life verses... "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;" It has great meaning to us and was given to JJ during a time when he was really struggling with his purpose in life. This adoption is a great part of his purpose as you'll get to hear about in the "Why are we adopting post?" soon to come.

I sat in my car wondering why I was there . Then I noticed the front door was open. So I got out of my car and walked in. There were cleaning people in there who welcomed me to look around.

To the left was a study painted in the same green we have in our living room. To the right was a dining room painted in a warm wheat color with burgundy drapes...all completely matching my current dining room. Then I walked into the great room and boy was it GREAT!! It too was painted a light wheat color with beautiful custom drapes that have deep red, mossy green and gold in them...matching my living room couches perfectly. I looked to the left and there was the master bedroom. Again my wall colors with matching drapes that would coordinate with my new bedspread that I never bought drapes for. (I'm all about colors and not having to do much when you move in a house...hence this was a big deal to me.) Also, we've always wanted a downstairs master.

I could barely breath at this point. I started running from room to room. The kitchen was beautiful with all new appliances that stay since it's a model. It has maple cabinets just like I've always wanted, a laundry room with more cabinets and a doggie bath - I'd never seen anything like it but we have 2 dogs and I have allergies so we have to wash them often. Very nice extra touch. Now I'm thinking this is too nice and to expensive. Why am I here?

I went upstairs to find two boy bedrooms - one is painted an army green that matches Joshua's new camouflage bedspread and the other is tan with electronics painted on the wall. Andrew has a passion for inventions and gadgets. I walk across the hall to discover a princess room with pearls and diamond rings beautifully painted on the walls by an artist. Another large bedroom in the back could be a master suite if my mom ever needed to move in with us (which is likely one day), or it could be a extra children's room or bonus room. Clearly more space than we need but definitely room to grow into. As I walk out of it I see a computer technology center off the hallway area with cabinets and file drawers that would be perfect for a family with lots of kids.

I grab my cell phone and call JJ. Hyperventilating, (Ok, I am exaggerating a little) to tell him that I've found the home we would build if we could, and that I think we need to schedule a showing - THAT NIGHT!!!

We called our friend who is a Realtor who lives close by and she met us at 5:30 at the house.! Now with great caution our Realtor begins to tell us the risks we face buying from a builder who has pulled out. I asked if we could just look at it, and then we could talk about the risks. For just a little while I want to live in dreamworld.

She and JJ couldn't believe how perfect this home would be for the family expansion plan we feel God calling us to. The yard even backs up to a wooded area that is a "tree save" so it can't be built on. Again, just what we've always wanted since we feel like our current backyard is a fish bowl with 5 yards that back up to it

Again, everything was perfect but as I mentioned - it was WAY out of our price range- so we knew we'd have to low ball an offer and see what God would do. If it was meant to be it will be and if not it'd be God's protection.

The next day our Realtor did lots of research and found out the the builder has had financing problems but that they are a great builder with very few complaints on their homes. They have purchased extended warranties on all the new homes and we'd have the assurance we needed going forward. She also found out that a large developer in our city owns most of the land in there and has a vested interest in who builds out the rest of the neighborhood.

All good news, but I needed to figure out what to do about the schools before we could go forward. That afternoon I kept hearing God whisper to my heart - wait and trust.


2 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

I read this and feel like I'm reliving the end of "Miracle on 34th Street" when the little girl sees her 'dream home' and makes the driver stop the car. I can imagine your excitement as you ran from room to room...everything exactly as you pictured it.

Whatever happens, trust God. He always has His best for you.

Love & prayers,
Joy

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Reading this post today reminded me of 15 years ago when we were looking for a home. We laid out the specific things that we desired in our home, and when we walked through our now current home, everything was what we wanted. The price was out of our range, but we offered what we felt God was saying. The realtor said they would never accept our low offer, but they did, and now we have been in our home for fifteen years!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits