Four Showings & a Lost Dog!
We had four showings on our house this past weekend. One on Saturday afternoon. Three on Sunday. One of Sunday's appointments was a second showing for the same people. All of the feedback has been very positive, but no offers yet.

On Sunday we packed up our two dogs, our two boys and the two of us and hopped in JJ's truck for a Sunday outing to visit friends and my mom. We needed to vacate for a few hours so we took the whole gang with us. We stopped by a friend's house to visit, but left the dogs in the truck. JJ slid the window between the cab and the truck bed open a little so the dogs could get air, along with the side windows.

When we came out to go to my mom's house our beagle, Daisy, was gone. She had pushed open the back window all the way. That girl has a history of running for miles to follow a scent. I love this crazy dog to pieces but she can give me a serious heart attack. I didn't see her anywhere and we had no idea how long she'd be out roaming the neighborhood - which is very large.

I started panicking. I assigned each adult to a different cars and we all went separate directions. We drove all throughout the neighborhood. I prayed that God would help us. My friend kept saying we could put up signs. I did not want to put up signs. I wanted to find my dog!! But Daisy was no where in sight. No one had seen her either, which was odd because the first thing she'll do is go to a stranger. She loves to meet new people.

Finally we circled back to my friends' house to see if anyone had found her. A neighbor stopped as they drove by to see what we were looking for. When we told them, they explained that they'd found Daisy and brought her back to our neighborhood (over a mile away) and to our home since our address was on her dog tag. They said no one was home but the door was open so they just put her inside.

I knew the door being open meant a showing was in progress. Oh no! What if she jumps on them and licks them to say hello (which she does to every new friend)? What if they hate dogs? What if she pees on the carpet right in front of them? (She is not house trained)

We quickly drove home to discover that a car was still in our driveway. I ran in and apologized for the surprise doggy-delivery. They smiled and said, "She's a sweet dog. We have a lab so it's no problem."

It ended up being a blessing. We got to meet them and give a face to the family who lives in the house they were looking at. I told them our story and said we're praying for God to lead us each step of the way, and to bring the family He has planned to make our house their home.

They were really receptive to meeting us, asked a few questions about the yard and were very complimentary on our house. They also told us they didn't have kids but were looking for something to grow into. On Monday we found out that our house is on their "short list" so despite our crazy dog-entry and interruption, we made their first-round cuts.

No calls or showings on Monday or today, but we are believing that God is going to give us the house and bring a new family to our home. I went up to the new house today to pray and walk through it again. Here is the verse God gave me to pray while I was there:

Lord, you have assigned (us) our portion and our cup; you have made (our) lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for (us) in pleasant places; surely (we) have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6


8 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Love this story Renee....all part of the journey.
Thanks for the privilege to pray for you,
Hugs,
Joy

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Great story Renee. Who knows, God may use a dog to bring about the sell of a house. :) You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a great day.

Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! I love the fascinating story of you searching for a run-away dog that had been happily returned home! Too funny! :) :) :) That, my friend, could be used in a lesson!

Prayers and Blessings!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Friend,
I think the last time I went to visit you, you were out searching for Daisy! What a successful weekend with so many showings. I will continue to pray.
Hugs & Blessings,
Margaret

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Renee,
You know we walked through almost the same thing 4 years ago. For us it was firs the land and the building the house. The house we were in did not sell until after we had moved into the new one. God's hand was visible every step of the way. I am praying for you.
Charlene

Blogger Jo said...

I have to tell you that your blog is absolutely exquisite and the heart behind it is so inspiring! Thank you for beautifully illustrating a woman who runs hard after God.
May His Spirit be with you!
- Jo

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

It does sound like a crazy weekend.

Last night I came home and it was dark. I had left when it was light and neglected to leave a light on. I was trying to get in the door and carry a couple bags. I stepped on Mali (one of my cats) and she bolted out the door.

She has never tried to get out before! I think it was probably me stepping on her that did it. Luckily, she stopped on the deck and I just barely made out that she was out there. Needless to say, everything got dropped while I grabbed her. I don't know what I would do if I lost her or Katy!

I am praying for your house to sell. Thanks for your comment about my new look!

Please pray for me as I try to work on this whole book proposal thing. I'm committed to it but feel overwhelmed whenever I sit down to work on it!

Blogger pam said...

silly humans, I love how we try and make things perfect and God can move His hands and cause anything to work for good. He knows the perfect people and the perfect time. Praying you can rest in an intimacy with Him.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits