Our Adoption Journey Continues
Wow, it's been a while since I updated our family blog. We've been so busy with moving, getting unpacked and getting prepared for the She Speaks conference I was part of this past weekend with Proverbs 31 that I didn't realize it's been more than a month!

Many of you have asked me where we are with our adoption so I thought this would be a great time for an update, since this is the week we get going again. For those of you new to our blog, we are in the process of adopting two daughters from Ethiopia. That is why we recently moved - to make room for our girls! We hope to have them home by the end of this year or early 2009.

So, here is where we are. Our home study is complete and has been approved by our adoption agency. We got our I600 approval in early May. So now all we need to do now is complete our DVD Adoption training (required by our agency) and our dossier. We have watched and taken tests online for 3 training sessions. We have 4 to go and hope to get them completed this week.

Now the dossier is a bit overwhelming. There are SO many documents that have to be notarized. We had already gotten a lot of them completed for the home study but they didn't have to be notarized. So now we have to go back and get them signed again - ie. doctors approval for everyone, employment letters, bank statements, marriage licenses, birth certificates. etc. Not sure how to go about it all but once my brain recovers from the conference I am sure we'll get it figured out.

Once we complete our training and our dossier, we'll watch the "Waiting Children" dvd again (with over 100 kids who need families) and prayerfully search for the treasured ones God already has chosen to be part of our family. It's about to get really exciting!!!


5 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Renee,
I was wondering how things were going with the adoption process. I will continue to pray as you decide which two girls to pick and also work on all the paperwork. How exciting. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Wrinkled Shirts said...

What a wonderful exciting time for you guys. God is so good. Thank you for allowing all of us bloggy girls to share in your journey.
Paula G.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Will continue to pray for you and your family!
Mary :)

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Renee,
I am so glad you updated. I have been praying for your family, and of course we were to busy at the conference to talk about it. Keep us posted.

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Renee: Praying for you all and excited to see all that God will do! He is entirely good!

Hugs,
Sharon
("Big Sis")

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits