God Supplies
Well, blogging this week has proved to be harder than I thought it would be. I guess I thought it would take longer to get going but once we set our closing date for May 15th, the frenzy began!
We've been non-stop planning, gathering supplies, and packing.

God has supplied abundantly more than we may even need in supplies! But boy am I thankful He has. We have over 100 boxes broken down in our garage to use - provided by our friends Mark and Melissa who own a bookstore and by Lysa and Art who own a Chick-fil-A. We also got 2 of those super duper tape guns from Mark and Melissa and another one from our friends Butch and Mandy, and they gave us 3 boxes of bubble wrap sheets which are perfect for dishes!

We started with the hardest part first, our three large walk-in attics. JJ unloaded box after box, plastic tub after tub into our bonus room. I went through each one, deciding what to keep, what to give and what to toss! We blessed the Salvation Army with 9 boxes of clothes today.

I had forgotten how much hard work this would be, how very exhausting it is to move. I've looked around and grunted, "Surely we could have fit another child in here." Many times as my head pounded and my muscles ached my body grumbled, "Why are we doing this?" And in those moments I've closed my eyes and remembered the faces of the children on the DVD who are waiting for someone to bring them home - someone to chose them for their family. More than once I have put down my tape gun and driven to our new home to "see" the place God has chosen for us to build our family.

If you are in a hard place and wondering why you are there, questioning if you have made the right choice - I hope you'll pull out a photo or read an old journal and remember how God got you where you are. If you are not sure if He got you there, simply bow your head and tell Him today you are choosing to trust in Him with all your heart, tell Him you're not going to lean on your own understanding (but on His), acknowledge Him in all your ways and believe that He will make your path straight. Then take a photo or write something down so you can go back to it next time your are filled with exhaustion or doubt.

Once again, thank you for your prayers and the joy you have shared with us. I am so glad you are along for the journey with us!!!


7 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Praying for strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.

Thanks for the reminder to choose to trust God in my circumstances right now. I'm facing a lot in the next week and your gentle reminder is so comforting. Loved your idea of making more than just a mental note of God's faithfulness - the older I get, the 'mental note' becomes more and more difficult to recall.

Thanks again for the privilege to share in your journey through prayer.
Blessings,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post today. I woke this morning feeling down & out and wondering why I am where I am. Wondering if this is where I'm supposed to be. Your post touched me and reminded me to seek God first and He'll take care of the rest.

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Renee,
I'm praying that God gives you strength for each moment and each situation you face. May He give you more than you can ever imagine. Can't wait to hear how God orchestrates everything.

Blessings,
Pearl

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee,
thank you for the reminder that God has lead me to the place where I am at, that He has healed me to this point and that He is preparing me for the next step. And thank you for the reminder to look back at my previous journals (all 18 of them since 1998) and see how God has brought me this far, and what He has brought me through.

He is a great God, and I know that He has my heart in His hands and will heal it in his timing. And that He won't drop it or shatter it, but will mend it so it is stronger than before.

May God bless you in this time of upheaval as you move and sort and pack.
In Him,
Heather

Blogger Bonita said...

I'm so happy for your, Renee. Isn't it exciting to see God move in ways so far beyond our own abilities? Cool!

Blogger pam said...

thanks, I needed the encouraging words at the end of your post. Good to hear how He is working in your life---I was beginning to think He had gone on vacation. just kidding. This life is hard work and it's good to remember what's behind it. We bought 2 inch, white, flat rocks for our daughter to write breakthrough moments on to create her own altar of remembrance in a pretty glass bowl in her room.

Blogger Monica said...

Renee;
Thank you for reminding me to trust God in my life and in a particular work situation that I am in. I am grateful for the job and of course the income, but I do not enjoy the job and don't think the industry is for me. But, I am trusting in the Lord as the job and location are far better than where I was a year ago.

We serve a Mighty God Who loves us more than we could even fathom. I am reminded of Deuteronomy 28:1-14 and Ephesians 3:20. Both give us an idea of what God can and will do for His children when we obey, trust and believe. We may not be able to see anything in front of us, but He can. When I get overwhelmed, I remind myself that He has blessings in store for me right where I am as well as on the other side. I then can get through each challenge with expectancy and hope.

I know that moving is difficult, but the blessings God has in store for you and your family will probably blow you away. Prepare for rain!

Monica

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits