Pizza and a POD
Announce you're having a pizza party and people will come! Insert the words Pod-packing pizza party and the guys won't even know they've been roped in. Pizza is all they hear. Throw in some amazing friends who gave up a Friday night to come help the crazy move-in-a-month Swope family. Add in 10 kids and all that work just became a whole lot of fun.

My mom came over two days this week and we packed over 25 boxes. My friend Sharon came over all day yesterday and we packed another 15+ boxes. She headed home at about 3pm. Soon after I left to get the boys and meet JJ at our new house to do a walk-through with our builder. That lasted 3 hours but it was so much fun to hear all the details about our new home.

Sharon came back at 6pm along with my other friend, Teresa. JJ's friends Jim and Jason came by after work. They all brought their kids, too. We ate pizza and then loaded all those boxes and four rooms of furniture into a POD that was delivered to our house yesterday. I couldn't believe how much fit in there and there's still room for more!

What a day. What a week. Lots of packing. Lots of progress. I feel so great about all that we got done. Our house is really starting to look like we're moving. Empty walls. Empty rooms. Empty closets. Yay!

Tonight we have an engagement party/cook-out to go to so that will be a great break and a fun get-away. All our Pod-packing friends and a bunch more will be there so I am looking forward to just hanging out and relaxing.

Hope you're having a great weekend. Thanks for your prayers. I can see how they are being answered!


5 Comments:

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Rene,
Any pictures of the new place yet? I wish I was there to help you pack.

Love
Cris

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Renee,
So glad that as your house is getting emptied, your heart is remaining full - full of all the wonderful ways God is working to answer prayer and give your times of fun and enjoyment with all that has to be accomplished.

Continuing in prayer, my friend,
Joy

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Praise God for how everything is coming together. I pray for strength for each day for you. How exciting the adventure that God has you on!
Sweet blessings,
Jodie

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

This is so fun to keep up with. Can you post some pictures? I am very excited for you.

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

Hope things are continually to move right along in the packing department! I am praying for you.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits