Packing Pauses and Perspectives
We put the packing on pause while I traveled this weekend to speak in FL. Now I feel so behind. How will we get everything packed in a month? I hate feeling like this. My personality really likes to see progress and the boxes are still in the same place they were in when I left last Friday.

I am trying not to get anxious during my packing pause. I am trying to look at this from a different and more positive perspective. I am trying not to focus on what we haven't gotten done, but celebrate the little and big things we have.

We had our current home inspection yesterday and it went well. Two big check marks! The buyer, Realtor and two inspectors were here all afternoon. (Side note: They showed up at 3:30pm and I still had on my pajamas. You'll have to read yesterday's journey blog to appreciate that little tid bit!)

JJ cleaned out our shed while I was gone, which is a huge accomplishment since it was full of yard stuff and anything else we wanted to hide. We don't have a shed at the new house so he had a lot of stuff to part with. It was gone by the time I got home on Sunday.

Yesterday afternoon (while I was still in my jammies) I got my power points done for my next retreat in two weeks.

Last night and tonight I ate dinner with my family, spent some fun time together. Snuggled with Andrew and rubbed his back while he fell asleep. I worked with Joshua on his literature project that is due tomorrow. It's been a good two days as a family.

Oh, and JJ and I went on a date this week. Instead of jumping back into packing Sunday night while our kids were at a youth event, we went out for coffee. It was a working date but a date still. We planned our week together. We drank lattes and laughed in the Target Starbucks. Then JJ shopped with me for some cute summer tops - he held them while I scanned the racks. When we got home he patiently watched me try each one on and told me how much he liked them. My heart smiled a lot. Well, until he said I looked like a watermelon - then quickly clarified it was the colors of my shirt and not my shape.

Thank you Lord for new packing perspectives. You've helped me see that I can reduce my stress about all this packing stuff by making a list of not what I need to do - but what I've already done. Hmm, I wonder what other areas of my life could use a new perspective...


5 Comments:

Blogger Wrinkled Shirts said...

Glad to see you're able to relax and have a little fun in the midst of the chaos. Reading your blog makes me want to put a for sale sign in my yard. I love change and I love moving, I know, I'm strange. It's the flight attendant in me that constantly wants to be on the go. Then the wife/mommy in me has to kick that girl in the pants and praise God for my wonderful home.

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Glad you had a few days to unwind. I will be praying for you as you get into crunch time that throughout the whole time you will feel God's peace and presence.
Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Joyful said...

Hi Renee,
I've known that packing anxiety, and yet, in the end - moving day came, and I was ready. I found that there's so much that can't be done until the last few days. We actually bought a supply of paper plates, plastic cutlery etc...for the last couple of days so that we could finish packing our kitchen stuff. We also slept in sleeping bags on matresses so we could pack all bedding ahead etc...too. Felt like 'camping' in our home the last couple of days, but it was fun and part of treasured family memories now.

Praying the Lord will continue to give you times of rest and refreshment and He'll enable you to accomplish all that must be done.

Praying also for your next retreat. May God continue to use you and make you a blessing,
Joy

Blogger Kara said...

Renee,

I am praying for you and your family for a easy move and being able to get settled quickly in your new home!

In Christ,
karamy3sons.blogspot.com
Prov. 3:5-6., Ps. 91

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

I'm praying for you! Packing is absolutely no fun!

May God give you the energy you need and multiply your time in amazing ways!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits