We got an offer on our house!
Hi there!!! I am so excited and a little numb. We got an offer on our house today. It's $19,000 less than our asking price but it's an offer! I've been totally distracted and consumed by number crunching this afternoon. We've got to figure out our bottom line since we are still crunching numbers for taxes and adoption expenses. Spring break is next week and it is looking very low budget and very local. My kids asked today if they can sleep in our van one night as an adventure since we aren't going to any hotels. I said "sure." Beats the Hampton Inn for $150!

Will you say a little prayer for us that we know what God wants us to make our bottom line. He clearly gave us a number to offer on the new house so we know He knows what our lowest asking price should be on this one. We know we don't have to move so we want to be wise in our negotiations and trust God with the outcome.

Also, about the adoption DVD - thanks so much for your prayers and encouragement. We watched it all the way through once Monday night and finished at 1am. Then took a break last night. It's so much to process. Tonight we're praying and looking at house numbers so we'll probably wait and watch it again this weekend. God's given us such a peace about the process and the timing. What an adventure of faith.

I'll keep you posted :-).


13 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Oh my friend - so exciting. Continuing in prayer. I know it could be tempting to waver on the clear direction God has already given - doubting numbers, pressure from agents etc...but if this isn't the right time, God will have an even better offer in store. My parents had a similar story when purchasing the house they are living in, but they remained true to what they knew God had spoken and in the end He supplied beyond what they could have ever anticipated.

So glad for the peace He has given you. That's an answer to prayer.

Daily praying,
with love,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee
What blessings! To see Father God working all things out for your good! Will continue to pray! May His favor and peace continue to rest upon you and yours!
Mary :)

Blogger Bev said...

Renee-

I am SO rejoicing with you and praying for continued peace as He guides you through these details. I am constantly amazed at how faithful He is. Keep on trusting!

Love, Bev

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

I'm so excited for you Renee! :) I will be praying, but I know that God will show you and JJ what amount you need to have. What a blessing to have an offer. God is so good, isn't He? I also know He will provide for all of your financial needs.

It's great that your boys are looking at the financial crunch as an adventure. We have been in similar situations. Some of our most memorable family times was when we couldn't afford to do much. We spent a lot of time just hanging out as a family and playing games together.

I will continue to pray for you.

Blessings,
Pearls

Blogger Melissa said...

I am so excited about your offer!! I will be praying for your family. Also praying about the adoption DVD. My sister & I are adopted and I know how special that is for everyone. :-) I love reading your blogs and mentioned in another blog that I may be the only single girl who love to read the Proverbs 31 blogs on a daily basis!! While most of them seem to whirl around children, husbands and marriage..I love to hear about everything. Renee..I would covet your prayers concerning a dating relationship I am in now. Please pray to see if this is God's will for both our lives...Thank you!!

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

So exciting! And so neat to see you still keeping your spiritual wits about you and going through the process so wisely.

Blogger Cheri said...

I just knew that I would see that title pop up on your post- sooner that later!
God is faithful- He will take care of all the details...so don't you worry!!

Blogger Amy L Brooke said...

I am praying! God will make it clear.

Blogger Roxie said...

Yeah! I've been watching and waiting to see how God was going to work this all out for you. I'm praying for wisdom in the counter offer.

Loved your kids idea about sleeping in the van over spring break. My 15 yr old son and his friends still talk about the birthday that they camped out in the backyard on the trampoline. Kids have a great time wherever they are. Hmmm as I was typing that thought maybe I need to remember to be a kid more often. Roxie

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

I am so excited for you offer. I will be praying for your discernment.

Blogger Bonita said...

Gosh, Renee, your blog is more exciting than a reality show. I keep coming back to check, "What happened?" "What did they decide?" "Which child are they getting?" I can hardly wait to hear how all these wonderful things turn out.

Blogger Dionna said...

I'm glad you're getting some encouragement - regardless of what happens, encouragement helps you stay in the game!

Blogger Wrinkled Shirts said...

Okay, I know you've been traveling to speak but I've been clicking all weekend in anticipation on what's happening with your house. We need an update.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits