It's here!!! The Waiting Children DVD!!
We've got what we've been waiting for!!! We received our "Waiting Children" DVD in the mail last night. I guess it came on Saturday but we'd been gone all weekend. When JJ handed it to me, I couldn't mentally process the reality of what this means to watch this DVD. We were on our way to a friend's house so we set it aside and decided to wait until tonight to watch it. I think we both knew we were not emotionally or physically ready to watch it.

This DVD has interviews of children who are in the orphanage waiting for families or who are being processed to come to the orphanage. My heart is about to break as I read over the list of names that came with it, that tell their ages, if they are HIV+ or if they have any other health needs. One is deaf with a lazy eye, another has Hydrocephalis, another uses a walker. Then the list includes many who are HIV+.

On just this one list there are over 100 sets of children waiting. Yes, I said "sets" there are 1-4 children in each set. Friends, the Swopes are not going to need a new house, we are going to need a ranch with a mansion on it so we can bring home more kids. How will we watch this video and choose one or two?

Oh my, we REALLY need your prayers as we pray together tonight asking God to lead our hearts to our daughter, or daughters, or daughter and son. Yes, we may adopt more than one. Please pray for us as we watch. Should we watch it for the first time with our kids? Oh, my we need prayers. I guess I said that already.

I feel like we are going searching for a treasure and we're going to end up with more than we can take home in our treasure box.

Lord, you know the plans you have for us. We seek you with all of our hearts!! You have assigned us our portion and our cup...Surely we have a delightful inheritance in the children you will add to our family. Lord, lead us to the heart of our daughter who from the beginning of time you have already chosen for us. In Jesus' Name, amen.


11 Comments:

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

How exciting! I will be praying for wisdom and discernment as you watch it with JJ. I know God will point out the kids for you!

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, praying for you and your family. May the Lord make it very clear to you - and give confirmation by leading all your family in agreement. Praying He will also give you peace - I know your desire would be to see all these precious little ones cared for and loved. May He even use your obedience to be testimony to others who may follow your example.
Trusting God with you,
Joy

Blogger Shannon said...

I soooo want to be where you are at. WE have five biological children. We live in a small house, and know we cannot afford more children at this time. But my heart cries out to adopt. I have looked at my states waiting children, and have two picked out. They are 15 and 16. My husband and I drove around an area lake and found an abandoned house that is huge, the perfect place to fix up and rescue children before they turn 18 and are forced to live on their own. I just read Karen Kingsbury's book Between Sundays that actaully faces this issue.....Good for you. You will know when you see the child/ren that you will bring into your home.....You Will Know!

Shannon in MN

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers keep coming your way. I know that when you see the face of your daughter(s), you will know it! God just works that way! And, I am already giving Him the praise and glory for what He is about to do in the life of your family!

Blogger Dionna said...

I know God has the right children for your family out there - and He'll guide you as you seek Him on this issue.

Blogger Julie said...

As I am sure you have already learned, this process of adoption is an amazing journey about God. It was just a little over a year ago we were in your shoes wondering how in the world we would know who God had for us, but God ever so gently led us and now we are waiting for our precious boys to come home. God has confirmed His plan for us so many times, yet there still is a struggle inside as we struggle with waiting for their arrival -- in His perfect timing. You are on the threshold of another miracle!
Blessings-

Blogger pam said...

AMEN, He already knows. Peace to your spirits, praying His discernment and wisdom fill your minds. I can't even imagine what it would be like to watch that DVD.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you to the child or children who will become part of your family. May His blessings pour into your lives and fill your home.

Blogger Carolina Mama said...

Renee, I just love your blog more every time I read it. Prayers for you and your family at this exciting time.

Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

So exciting to share in your journey! Can't wait to hear the next step.

Blogger Cheri said...

I am sooo excited for you! I can not imagine sitting down and having to choose. I just know God will lead you to the right child/children...like you said in your prayer- it has been planned from the beginning of time. :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits