Life on Castlebay Drive
We had another showing yesterday. This time I took the dogs and myself across the street to my neighbor's house. Daisy played in the back yard with their dog, Abby, while I spied to see who was viewing our home. It's really weird to watch a stranger walk up to your house and kind of eye-up your yard, then go in your front door when you are not there. This time it was a young woman driving a white sports car. Didn't look like someone who'd be interested in our very family-oriented home. But it was great to get a showing mid-week!

We have an open house Saturday afternoon. My Realtor, Aimy, who is also our radio ministry assistant, is doing the open house. She said I can be here but I have to remain quiet so people give honest feedback. I will probably hide upstairs in our bonus room and work on finishing taxes to keep myself occupied. I don't do "quiet" very well :->.

Speaking of taxes, I think we owe! I hope I've made some big mistake in Turbo Tax entries and that we're actually getting something back. JJ suggested we talk with an accountant to make sure we're aware of the best way to file, deduct and itemize, etc. So we're meeting with a CPA next week to review what I've already entered. I know if we owe, God will provide. It's just bad timing since we just paid a large amount for our earnest money on the new home contract and we paid our adoption application fee this week, which was a little over $2000. It's God's money so I'm hoping He's got some extra to pass our way if we need to write a big check.

Today was a beautiful day. The Bradford pear trees are in full bloom looking like huge dandelions blowing in the wind. All their white blossoms are sprinkled in my yard. It reminds me of wedding confetti. Our plum trees have a pale pink blossoms and they are so pretty. Just a beautiful setting for a home buyer. God's perfect timing again.

I was a little concerned about the Spring blossoms blowing in the wind because I had radio recording this morning and I have a lot of allergies. All that beautiful blooming can make me sneezy and wheezy which makes it really hard for me to record. Last year around this time I had to re-schedule my recordings two times due to bad allergies but today I was fine. I took extra anti-histamines last night and this morning. It also rained so I think that calmed everything down. Plus I emailed a few friends asking for prayer and it worked. My recording producer kept saying, "Wow, your voice is strong today (which means not scratchy). He never says that. I was SO thankful!!!

Tomorrow I have a radio interview for a station in Illinois to talk about an event I have next weekend. I always feel awkward doing phone interviews because I can't see anyone but it needs to sound very conversational. Yet, it's just me in my kitchen talking in the phone. Maybe I'll imagine all of you sitting there asking me about the retreat. Please pray for me. I really want to do a good job in sharing what God has on my heart for the women coming to this conference. Hope you have a great Good Friday! I am so looking forward to Easter weekend.


5 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

Renee, I was so excited to read how God answered prayer concerning your radio recordings - yahoo!

I'm continuing in prayer for your Open House, for your appointment with the accountant, and for your radio interview tomorrow. Wish I really WAS sitting there visiting with you.

The rest of the material I ordered from P31 arrived today - can't wait to watch the DVD and listen to your other messages.

Have a blessed Easter,
Because He lives,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rene,
Hey friend, just thinking about you and loved reading about the Open House, I am so excitted for you guys. Can't wait to see you in June. Praying for you and your guys.
Love you my friend.

Turtle Chick

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Hi Renee,
I'm so glad your recordings went well. I have been praying for you this week.

Praise God for another showing and an open house tomorrow. I keep praying for that one family to see it that God has in mind.

I also will be praying for the tax situation. I know how stressful financial complications can be! :) As you know, we have been experiencing them too. I know He will provide for you.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend together. It sounds like it is beautiful. The weather is still quite cool here. There is even a possibility of a light dusting of snow tomorrow. After being in Florida for ten days, I'm ready for flowers and warm temperatures! :)

Sweet blessings to my new friend.

Jodie
"Pearls"

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

"Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope." Psalm 119:116 (NKJV)

Praying for you! He will uphold you according to His Word! Your hope is in Him alone! Can't wait to see all HE does during this precious season of your lives.

Blessed, peaceful Easter!
Sharon :)

Blogger Charlene Kidd said...

Renee,
I am excited about your showings and the open house. I will pray for an offer to come in. Have a blessed Easter.
Charlene

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
About My Guys
Links
Previous Posts
Archives
Search This Site
Miscellaneous
Credits